Rising Star / Bitmap Bureau / Mar 25, 2017
88 Heroes is a chaotic 2D platformer that is as fun to watch as it is to play, where each level completed or untimely death brings a new uniquely skilled hero into the action.
At 8 minutes past 8 on the 8th August 1988, the world teeters on the brink of total annihilation! Dr. H8's demands are simple. Pay 88 octillion dollars within 88 hours or 88 thermo-nuclear warheads pointed directly at earth will be launched. The 88th president of earth calls for urgent crisis talks! 88 leaders from 88 countries around the world are summoned to the Octagon. With the planet bankrupt, paying the ransom is not an option.
Only one possible course of action is left to take. Infiltrate Dr. H8's evil super lairs and retrieve the 8 digit coordinates to locate his space base and destroy it once and for all! Only a team of superheroes so daring, so heroic and so stupid could possibly pull this off. But who?
The "88 Heroes" - eighty-eight of the strangest and seemingly most pointless superheroes ever to grace the face of the earth. "They called the best, but the best were busy!"
With just 88 minutes to complete all 88 levels, you'll need every one of the 88 heroes to stop the dastardly Dr.H8 destroying the Earth! Are you up to the challenge?
- Built with the "Super House of Dead Ninjas" game engine, 88 Heroes will be more expansive and feature even more variety in gameplay
- 88 unique and original playable characters, each with their own skills and abilities that may help or hinder! the player
- Hero order is randomly selected with each play, meaning players will always face a fresh and varied challenge
- 88 levels across 4 zones to conquer, each with its own unique boss encounter
- Multiple game modes including: Magnificent 8 mode choose a team of just 8 heroes to tackle the entire game with; Solo mode pick just one hero and master their skills in order to survive as long as you can
- The physical boxed edition of 88 Heroes includes two exclusive additional heroes and the exclusive new H8 Mode, which features eight brand new levels offering a super-charged hardcore challenge.
- Watch the action from Dr. H8's lair as he tries to thwart your plans, drinks coffee, takes bathroom breaks and berates his accident-prone henchmen
- Imagine every 2D action-platformer you've ever played rolled into one...AND THEN SOME!
- Killer soundtrack - chiptune melodies meets '80s synthesizers
- Bags of in-game humour, dialogue and cutscenes.
- Did we already say?...88 HEROES!! Just imagine drawing all that!? (Poor artists...)
- More heroes incoming with DLC!
Joining the crew in the physical boxed edition and taking the number of nonsensical heroes to ninety are:
- Cath Letics her super-sprint and long jump skills are activated by hammering the action button just like in an athletics videogame of yesteryear;
- The Mime push the action button and The Mime will perform the classic "trapped in a glass box" mime action, confusing and befuddling enemies and making them turn away.
|Barcode||Region||Edition||Price Loose||Price CiB||Price New||Source|