2K Sports NHL
Do you long for the days when hockey video games didn't require an engineering degree to master? 2K Sports has listened to the masses by bringing the fun back to hockey video games with an intuitive control scheme, hard-hitting action and by announcing the debut of NHL 2K9 on the Wii console. Developed by award-winning Visual Concepts studios, NHL 2K9 brings a totally rebuilt NHL experience to life with a brand-new in-game presentation system, as well as fresh player animations and controls that fans will enjoy from the moment they play their first game, until well after they become a seasoned veteran. Further adding to an unmatched level of fun and celebrating the NHL's uniqueness are an all-new Zamboni mini-game, playoff beards, a new fighting engine and more! Complete with new commentary, a user-friendly franchise mode and upgraded online features.
- Wii Remote Shooting – Execute wrist shots with the flick of the Wii Remote or put some power into shots by holding the B button while flicking the Wii Remote to blast a slapper.
- Wii Remote Fighting – Adding a never-before-seen layer of fun to hockey video games, NHL 2K9 features on-ice showdowns. When two players have raised their aggression enough to fight, pointing the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller downward drops the gloves. Once a fight has started, punch with the Nunchuk and balance with the Wii Remote to get your opponent off their feet.
- Precision Passing / Chain Passing – Exclusive to Wii, take the guesswork out of which player is going to receive a pass by selecting players with the Wii Remote cursor. One-timers, give-and-go and tic-tac-toe passing are executed by selecting multiple players prior to pressing the pass or A button.
- Wii Remote Goaltending – Gesture-based goaltending allows fans to get between the pipes and flash the leather. Even take control when it counts the most - in shootouts!
- Full Featured Simulation – NHL 2K9 on Wii offers the same full-featured, fun hockey experience as available on other platforms complete with franchise mode, practice mode with a tutorial, pond hockey, and much more!